a holiday survey
Courtesy of Mrs. Zelie Bramble by way of Mrs. Peony Moss.
1. Egg nog - yum or yuck? Only Dee Dee's secret recipe is yum.
2. Stay up until midnight on New Years? What else would I do?
3. Prefer white or colored lights? multi-color
4. Favorite holiday song. O Holy Night
5. What is your tackiest holiday decoration? Our Christmas tree
6. Do your kids have too much and you wonder just WHY you are getting more?? lol no kids yet :(
7. If you celebrate Christmas, when does your tree go up and come down? When I was a child, Dad usually waited until we were out of the house for the CCD Christmas Party. This year, Matt & I put up our tree on my birthday because I was in a funk & wanted to do something that I liked to do on my birthday. Since I like decorating and the tree is fake, it went up that day. It'll come down on January 10th or so.
8. Christmas again - open presents on Christmas eve, morning, or other? When I was a child, we opened gifts from Santa in the morning. As we got older & started going to Midnight Mass, we started to open gifts after going to Mass... then we went to bed. Matt & I plan to head back to our roots & open our gifts on Christmas morning so that it's a good habit by the time I'm able to answer number 6.
9. Favorite holiday tradition? Ask again in a few years... I'm just starting to rebuild the traditions database since the 1994 baby boom.
10. What do YOU want for Christmas? my sister
posted by Amy : 5:31:27 PM
The latest edition of the Catholic Carnival is hosted this week by Dunmoose the Ageless, Protomonk. This week's theme is Advent and I actually had a small something to contribute this time. The carnival is a great way of reading some blogs you might not otherwise read & maybe looking at a topic in a new way, or finding out that there is actually someone out there who agrees with you.
posted by Amy : 8:36:15 PM